Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grad School

I found out yesterday that I got accepted to graduate school at Ole Miss. You can't see me right now, but I'm patting myself on the back. I'm pretty excited!
I'll be going back in the fall to get my Masters of Education in School Counseling. I'll still work full time and just take two afternoon classes every week for 3 years. It's a long time looking at it from this side, but I know it will be worth it.
This may seem like it's somewhat out of the blue, but I've wanted to go back to school for a while and every time I tried something just didn't work out. I heard about this program opening up at the DeSoto Center, and things fell into place one by one. I got my application submitted at the last minute, met one of the professors for an interview, then was able to schedule, study for, and take the GRE a few weeks later! I didn't talk about it much because I didn't want to get my hopes up. I just kept thinking, if this is God's will, it will work out. And as nervous as I am, I know that His will is the best path for me so even though these next few years will be challenging, He will be with me each step of the way! A challenging walk beside the Lord is better than trying to do anything "easy" on my own! (Please just remind me of this in 6 months or so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment