Friday, May 21, 2010

And so it begins!

So, what had happened was.... ok since I've already typed it out once, I am just going to paste the e-mail I sent to friends in this blog (I have been blog-cheating a lot lately, sorry). Here goes...
"I just wanted to send an update on what has been going on with us and our growing family over the last few days...! It has been a little crazy, but I'll start by saying the baby and I are doing fine! She is healthy, weighing in at 2 pounds today :) I'm right at 27 weeks, so starting the 3rd trimester soon. Yay! Now for the details...
Tuesday was a busy but normal day, and I had a JA meeting after work so I got home around 9. Around 9:30 I was changing to get ready for bed and realized that I was bleeding... luckily Stephen was home, we called the doctor and she called us back within a few minutes and said to get to the hospital. PS I am hysterically having a meltdown at this point, but we got in the car and drove to Baptist Women's Hospital in Germantown. I have a thing called placenta previa which they found a few months ago, and that can cause the bleeding. I had never heard about this until they told me I had it, but basically the placenta is partially "blocking the exit" (as Anna put it!). So long story short, we got to the hospital around 10:00, got hooked up to the monitors and heard her heart beating for a long time, had an ultrasound around 1:00 am, then they let us go at 2:00 and told me to reschedule my next dr. appt for as soon as possible and to be on bed rest until then. Thankfully the baby was just fine!
Yesterday I stayed home, and this morning I went to the dr. for the check up, glucose test, ect. I never imagined it, but she said I have to be on bed rest until the baby comes! I just did not realize that would be the answer to this thing... and the craziest part is if I have any more bleeding at all I have to go to the hospital until the baby comes... which could be 3 months! There is a chance she will come early, or have to be delivered early by c-section. They gave me steriod shots to give her a little growth spurt in case she has to be taken early. The goal is to make it at least to 32 weeks, which is only 5 weeks from now. So that's where we are and what's going on! I wanted to let you all know because I would appreciate your prayers so much... and if any of you are in the area feel free to come on by the house - I will certainly be here!"
That is what is going on with the little girl and me right now. I am psyching myself up for the world of free time, reading books, flipping through magazines, surfing the internet, watching as much tv as I want, and chilling on the couch all day - because I must. For the little one :)
Day 3 of bedrest has entailed this:
9:15 am - steriod shot #2 in the behind. Ouch. My sweet mama took me to the doctor so it was fun to hang out with her! The doctor is my new favorite (albeit only) outing.
11:00 am - returned many e-mails to my sweet, sweet friends to let them know we are a-ok. My nurses, Riley & Lila were standing by.
1:00 pm - watched re-run of the Braves 9th inning, 7 run come back to beat the Reds 10-9. I watched it yesterday, but it was so good I didn't mind watching it again. I love the Braves.
2:30 pm - got my first visitor! Casey Coleman came all the way from Birmingham to see me! Ok, not really, she is here for her step-sister's wedding, but still, we had a great visit and it was so fun to see her!
3:30 pm - talked to my aunt on the phone. I have the most wonderful fam!
4:00 pm - returned more e-mails and got to spend some quality time with my first born, Riley.
Now I am catching up on the blog so that about brings us up to speed! And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment