Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bedrest Day 4 and Baby Shower

Today has been pretty uneventful, but at least Stephen has been home with me.  He said the funniest thing to me the other day (day 1, I believe...).  When I was little and got sick, anyone family member that stayed home to take care of me was nicknamed "nurse" for the day.  So anyway, I was in the bed, and Lila & Riley were of course right there with me.  Stephen was evaluating the conditions, and he said "well, you've got two nurses to take care of you."  I told him, "No I have three."  He said, "No, two.  One, two," pointing at the animals.  I said "three" and pointed at him.  He said, "Um, no. I am the doctor."  It was so matter of fact and I have been laughing to myself about it ever since!  Here is a pic of my doctor and one of the nurses busy at work today...
Luckily I was able to attend my baby shower last Sunday before the unexpected chain of events!  It was so much fun and a little bit surreal!  We got some beautiful dresses, precious outfits, a pink polka dotted tutu, some bath time goodies, a Moses basket and a pack and play!  How exciting!  Not to mention, the hostesses gave us a Flip Video!  Another funny Stephen story... he snuck off and registered for the Flip Video when we were in Target, and I had no idea that it was even on our registry!  I told him not to put it on there, so I looked a little silly when I opened it at my shower and exclaimed, "How did y'all know?!  Stephen has been wanting one of these so much!"  I should have kept a closer eye on that boy...  Here are some pictures from the shower and afterwards when we worked on her nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment